It just dawned on me that since all of my previous posts were swiped (see post here) some of you might be wondering who I am!
I am a blogger, turned fiancée, turned wife, who needs to have some sort of creative project so I don’t go insane! Insert blog. Not sure exactly where I’m going to go with the blog this go ’round but it’s here so stick along for the ride!
I love cooking but thanks to the DC Metro traffic, J does most of the cooking in our house. (He’s the best!!) And we use Plated. We love Plated. Without Plated I would have never had this delicious meal (french onion soup burgers), or this one (tilapia confit & green beans) both household favorites!
If you clicked those links and got curious scrolling my Instagram feed, you probably noticed that I have quite a bit of cocktails on there. When J is cooking and I’m coming home late, it’s usually my job to either pour a glass of wine or mix up a cocktail. And yes, we have a favorite household cocktail too. It was the cocktail we served as our “signature cocktail” at our wedding because it is the cocktail that we whip up for parties and cozy nights in alike – aka actually our signature cocktail.
The Rosemary Maple Bourbon Sour
makes two cocktails
- 3 shots bourbon
- 1 & 1/2 shots fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 shot dark amber maple syrup
- 1 large sprig of rosemary (plus 2 small sprigs for garnish)
- Crush the large sprig of rosemary in your hand and add it to the shaker.
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup and ice to above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into rocks glasses containing large cubes of ice and garnish with remaining rosemary sprigs.
So here’s the deal. Whip up one of these yummy drinks, comment below and let me know what you want to see on this little ol blog of mine, and tell me something about yourself! xo
Photo by Rachel via Voyage Photography