Winter is here. Snow is in this week’s forecast. I’m definitely a Fall and Summer lover… to me, winter is too long and spring too rainy, so do I resent it or just embrace it!? In the spirit of the holiday season, I’m thinking finding all the good in winter – like the joy when I see the boxwood wreath on my front door welcoming me home, and the pine scented candle that I burn every chance I get. And since we’re living in the Capitol Hill I’ve curated a list of things for J and I to do this season…
- Take a walk to the Capitol to view the Christmas Tree (which was lit Dec. 6) and then over to Union Station to view the 30 foot tree donated by the Embassy of Norway
- Finally make it to Shaw’s Christmas Bar for some festive libations this year regardless of how long the line may be
- We’ve actually crossed this off our list so I’m suggesting it to you all since it’s adorable – make the trek out to Lucketts and visit The Old Luckett’s Store. It’s about an hour outside of the city, but will put you in the holiday spirit faster than Santa can scarf down a cookie!
- Send out our first holiday card as Mr. & Mrs. – Paper Culture plants a tree with every order!
- Whip up a round of this yummy looking Campfire Cocktail treat (picture above)
- Make my favorite meal from France, beef bourguignon
- Finish reading Blood Defense by Marcia Clark
- Start reading Harry Potter & The Cursed Child
- Attend some holiday gatherings with these fresh baked cookies in hand
- Spend an entire Sunday in my PJs
Some Favorite Pajamas: